HiGopi.Com - Gopi's Web Home
|Unicode Transliteration in your websites
How to enable unicode conversion in your web pages
To make a textbox or a textarea field in your web page form enabled with unicode typing is very simple. Follow the steps instructions given below.
1) Include the following code in the <HEAD> section of the webpage:
2) In the <TEXTAREA> or <INPUT TYPE="TEXT"> you want to enable unicode conversion, include the following:
<form name="post" method="post">
3) You can have radio buttons for shifting between "Phonetic" and " Typewriter" layouts as follows:
<input type=radio name=keybrd value=roman onclick="toggleKBMode(event,this)" checked>
<input type=radio name=keybrd value=typewriter onclick="toggleKBMode(event,this)">
4) You can enable the Show Keymap as follows:
<input type=checkbox onclick="showMap(this)"> Show Keymap<br>
5) You can enable the Online Keymap Help as follows:
<input type=checkbox onclick="showHelp(this)" checked="true"> Online Keymap Help<br>
NOTE: This tool is licensed under GNU GPL now. Please make sure you keep the author information in the source code intact and don't violate the terms and conditions of the GNU GPL when you copy and/or redistribute this tool.
When you re-use the converter in your website
please give a link back to this website under the converter in your website and/or send an email to Gopi at
Sending a mail to Gopi is optional but it will help to inform you when there are any updates/bug fixes in this converter code.